Friday, October 9, 2009

♥ Scalloped Edging ♥

Definition: Scalloped edges or ridges refers to a wavy pattern reminiscent of the edge of a scallop's shell.
This is one of my favorite details. I didn't realize how many things I have with scalloped edging: tea towels, shelves, frames, curtains, pot holders, vases, etc. I recently picked up this cute little frame while out frame hunting. It has the sweetest scalloped details! I can't wait to pair it with a super cute fabric{that I'm waiting to arrive any day now}turning it into a mini Inspiration Board.

Happy print, by: farouche

The cupcake bag, by: quejimenez

Gift tags, by: lowfidelity

Vintage scalloped tin, by: pinkgrapefruitstyle

1. 70's Scallop Edge Sandals, 2. scallop, 3. vintage 40s/50s double cube box shelves honey wood scallop edge 11x11, 4. Vintage Red Bowl with Scalloped Edges, 5. Bunny Rabbit 33 Feltidermy, 6. Knitting Needles and Yarn Cameo with Red Scalloped Edging, 7. sweet scalloped edge, 8. Untitled, 9. Scalloped edge on bean pot handle

I found a great tutorial on how to construct a garment from scratch{or if you'd like to modify a vintage piece or anything in your closet}go here for step-by-step instructions. I'd love to use this pattern for kitchen curtains~ how cute would that be?!!!


Beach Vintage said...

It's funny how sometimes it's not until you like something then you start seeing it everywhere! Thanks for dropping by Beach Vintage and leaving a comment.

tattytiara said...

I just added the feltidermied jackalope to my favourites the other day. What a hoot!