Friday, September 24, 2010

Fun Desserts~ Cake in a Jar!

These are always fun to make, my 7 year old daughter loves to help put them together. We were going to my brothers for dinner & I wanted to bring dessert. I've made cake in a jar a few times before, usually when it's someones Birthday and we're meeting at a Restaurant{way more convenient than bringing a cake}that way everyone gets their own jar and they can take theirs home if they want.
I usually just use cake, pudding, and frosting, but you can mix it up and add whatever you'd like.
Layer~ Cake, pudding{usually I make my own}, frosting, cake: repeat, however many times it takes to fill your jar.



I found this recipe over at Instructables, where you actually Bake cakes in little jars!
These are great if you don't have the time to make them yourself or you want to send something sweet to a friend or yourself :)

3 comments:

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

What a cool idea! I am going to try this next time we need to travel for a b-day or celebration.

Vivianapachecofineart said...

Love this idea, will use it for our annual Halloween Party!!

Rosa said...

Oh my, and I thought cupcakes were the bestest! LOVE it!