Monday, December 1, 2008

ALL time favorite Christmas Gifts

If you were born in the late 60's early 70's then you can probably relate. My all time favorite toys: Drowsy doll, Miss Beasley, BigWheel, The Sunshine family, Old school plastic skateboard(my brother had a yellow one & I had a red one- just like the ones in the picture)and Tiffany Taylor. I've been looking for years for Miss Beasley, maybe someday I'll stumble across her at an Estate Sale. I'm guessing I wasn't the only little girl to have her since she's almost impossible to find unless you want to spend lots of money.
I think I would be just as thrilled today as I was when I was a kid if I was given any one of these as a gift. I think one of my favorite childhood memories is riding my BigWheel around the neighborhood....Oh if I could get one in my size today, I'd be the happiest girl in town!!! But then again, I'd probably be known as the creepiest lady in town.

1. Me AndTwo, 2. Miss Beasly and the Girls!, 3. caitjuliebigwheels, 4. Steve,Stephanie and Baby Sweets, 5. 3 Dogtown Style Skateboards, 6. Ideal Toy Corporation’s Tiffany Taylor – 19” Vinyl, Hair Play Doll

I found this drowsy doll for my daughter a few years ago. She still talks when you squeeze her belly saying "Mommy I'm sleepy" and "I go to sleep now, night night". The first time I heard her doll talk I almost cried, it took me back about thirty years.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm an 80's child, but my mother was born in the 60's and her favorite toy was Clancy the Roller Skating Monkey. She still has it too, minus his hat.

Linda Summerfield said...

Mrs. Beasley seems much older, you must have been watching reruns of A Family Affair. How I wished I had Buffy's pigtails when I was little!

vivienne strauss said...

I love these childhood photos! remind me of my own :) I would like an adult sized hippity hop? those large red rubber balls with a handle? Plus I could use it inside where no one would see me. ps thank you for the nice comment!