Monday, February 16, 2009

Be careful what you wish for...

I was whining a couple weeks ago about the lack of rain, and how it seems we just skip over winter here in Southern California. Well now it won't stop raining~ steady, sheets of rain. I don't think I've ever seen this much rain here! I feel like I'm in Seattle, without all the really cool surroundings. I'm ready to go back to the sunshine and warm days! I'm never prepared for the rain since we usually have so little, we have one umbrella that I can never find when we need it. People are so funny here, I can guarantee I'll see someone in flip flops if it stops raining even for a few seconds. The other day when I was picking my daughter up from school there was a woman in flip flops....in the rain! I thought for sure she was going to slip and fall, which would have kind of been funny except she was carrying a cute little dog.

1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingvilar/250806739/">It's raining, it's poring ...

3 comments:

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

I guess the rain must be everywhere, we're soaked in Virginia as well. What a pretty picture, I love the colors!

Linda Summerfield said...

Snow! More @#$%^& Snow!!!
If we had your temps I would roam the streets nude.

Kristen said...

HaHaaHaa~ Thanks for the visual Linda! Ya, I don't know how you all do it living in the snow??? I should be more grateful....I think it's in the mid 70's right now. I wish it made me want to roam the streets nude~ I need a little excitement around here :)