Monday, April 26, 2010

Hidden Treasures....

Sometimes the things you find inside the things you've found are the real treasures. I picked up this neat old frame at the flea market thinking I'd use it in my Etsy Shop. The more I looked at it I realized how old it was{it has that beautiful thick wavy glass} and decided it should still remain a frame{not turn it into a Chalkboard or Memo Board} plus I had just picked up this really cool print~ that fit inside perfectly.
While taking the frame apart, I found these....
The Cleveland Plain Dealer~ Comics and Adventure, Sunday February 6, 1955, and The American Weekly, February 6, 1955. The writing on the front of the comics says: framed by Gertrude Herman March 1955. So, for some reason she placed them inside the back of the frame.

The graphics on the comics are still vivid and bright{pretty good for being 55 years old}.
But my favorite thing inside the frame is this old family photo. The back only says: 336 Kinsman, possibly an address? I'd say this picture is from sometime in the late late 1800's early 1900's{I'm guessing because of the clothing}. I wonder if this was the original picture inside the frame....
It's the history behind things like these that's had me collecting vintage pre~loved items for years♥

4 comments:

beachvintage.com said...

This is just pure amazing. What a great story.

Beca said...

How cool! That is really exciting! I'd love to find something like that!

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

What is even better is that this frame/picture found a person who appreciated it. I love treasure finding for the pure joy of finding things like this.

Unknown said...

What a find i love the papers and comics you found as well as the photo i'll be sure to chexk any old frames I buy

Love Dawn xx